HOW IS ACNE CAUSED?
Acne is a condition that affects the skin’s oil glands. The small holes in your skin (pores) connect to oil glands under the skin. These glands make an oily substance called sebum. The pores connect to the glands by a canal called a follicle. Inside the follicles, oil carries dead skin cells to the surface of the skin. A thin hair also grows through the follicle and out to the skin. When the follicle of a skin gland clogs up, a pimple grows. Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Acne is not a serious health threat, but it can cause scars.
The Bradford clinic offers an array of treatments for acne suffers, with detailed patient centred approaches to develop a satisfactory improvement in your skin,
- Omnilux studies have proven that a combination of LED light treatments can significantly improve skin texture, reduced redness and killing the bacteria guilty of causing those awful breakouts.
- ETWO Sublative this revolutionary machine uses bipolar radio frequency causing mircro-ablative injuries that stimulate the body’s own natural healing response to replace damage skin with smooth, glowing, healthy skin.
- Fraxel Laser is the original fractional laser treatment that works below the skin’s surface from the top down, addressing imperfections like fine lines, visible photo aging, wrinkles, scarring and age spots. Fraxel light energy stimulates your skin’s natural collagen, rejuvenating skin cells below the surface to help smooth the creases and pockets that cause wrinkles and scars. Fraxel only treats targeted problem areas – so the results are focused and effective.
- Microdermabrasion a gentle but thorough way of exfoliating and giving the skin a nice deep cleanse, providing better skin cell turnover.
- Face Peels with anti-inflammatory properties a face peel can provide relief to your skin by reducing irritation, redness and the firmness associated with infected skin.
The Bradford Clinic offers a large array of hyaluronic based dermal fillers that canbe used to treat scarred tissue by re-enforcing the skin and replacing the damaged tissue.
Depending on the severity of your skin condition and associated medications the team at the clinic will develop the most appropriate treatment to help manage and control your skin.