Baked Salmon on Pea Mash
This recipe is a simple and hassle-free meal that won’t take you longer than 15 minutes to prepare. Omega-3 rich salmon paired with peas, parsley and lemon is a match made in heaven. Packed full of heart healthy fats, protein, vitamin C and B vitamins, you can feel good about serving this one up to your loved ones.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 salmon fillets, preferably wild caught
- 200g frozen peas
- 15g grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley, plus additional for garnish
- The zest of 1 lemon
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add in peas. Cook over a medium high heat until peas are tender.
- Drain the peas and return to the saucepan. Add in the butter and stir to combine.
- Add in parsley, lemon zest and juice to the peas and roughly mash with a fork.
- (Heat coconut oil in a medium frypan and add salmon fillets skin side down.
- Season with salt and cook until skin is crispy before flipping and cooking to your liking.)
*Otherwise, bake your salmon in the oven until cooked to your liking.
- Divide mash evenly on two plates and place a salmon fillet on top of peas. Garnish with extra parsley if desired.
Adapted from recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for The Natural Nutritionist.