A Low-Cal Summer Favourite
- 1 egg, hard-boiled and plunged into cold water
- Salad leaves – choose soft pretty ones liked radicchio or lamb’s lettuce
- 200g green beans, steamed or boiled and refreshed in cold water
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 8 black olives
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 x 200g tuna steak (or 160g tinned tuna in brine, drained)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- If using fresh tuna, season and griddle on a hot pan until cooked to your liking.
- Allow to rest.
- Assemble the leaves, cold green beans, quartered hard-boiled egg, tomatoes and olives decoratively in a bowl.
- Dress with lemon and olive oil.
- Place tuna fillet or tinned tuna on top, season and garnish with anchovy fillet and lemon wedges.
253 calories per serve
This is a lovely refreshing summer salad which is packed full of protein. Anchovies, tuna and olive oil all contain healthy oils – omega 3s and monounsaturated oils. The tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene.
Recipe adapted from The Fast Diet Recipe Book by Mimi Spencer and Sarah Schenker