Burgundy Berry Soup
- 150g (3/4 cup) honey
- 175ml (3/4 cup) red Burgundy wine (pinot noir)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Freshly ground pepper
- 100g (2/3 cup) blueberries
- 100g (2/3 cup) raspberries
- 100g (2/3 cup) strawberries
- 100g (2/3 cup) blackberries or cranberries
- Boil the honey for 8 minutes.
- Add the wine and cinnamon stick. Add pepper taste and allow to boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add to the fruit and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve in fancy dessert bowls
- Serves 4
From Cooking with Foods that Fight Cancer
This recipe contains a number of different berries. These powerful little guys contain large amounts of egallic acid and anthocyanin, which have been proven to reduce the development of both cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Pinot Noir is one of the best sources of resveratrol which also prevents cancer, cardiovascular disease, dementia and general ageing. Resveratrol is unique in that it stimulates the SIRT genes which are responsible for extended longevity associated with calorie restriction.
Cinnamon is a warming spice used to reduce diabetes and insulin resistance. These conditions lead to premature ageing, cardiovascular disease, dementia and cancer.