Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
These delicious crispy chicken drumsticks are an easy crowd pleaser and are best served beside seasonal roasted or steamed vegetables.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C fan-forced)
- Place chicken drumsticks in a glass dish and drizzle with coconut milk. Turn chicken to coat entirely with coconut milk and let sit
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut flour, spices and salt and pepper.
- Grease large rimmed baking dish with coconut oil. Dip chicken in flour and spice mixture to coat both sides, and place in baking dish
- Bake 45-50 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken is cooked through
Total Fat 34g
Saturated Fat 23g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
One serve provides almost 50% daily fibre requirement, 50% RDI (recommended daily intake) niacin and 70% RDI Vitamin A.
Niacin is involved in energy metabolism, DNA repair and calcium mobilisation, and Vitamin A helps maintain normal reproduction, vision, and immune function