Peri-Peri Chicken Bowl
4 chicken breast fillets
¼ cup peri-peri sauce (choice of mild, medium or hot)
2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
250g snow peas, trimmed, halved
2 x 250g packets microwave brown rice
1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
Coriander leaves, to serve
Mint leaves, to serve
2 tbsp peri-peri sauce
¼ cup lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
Lime wedges, to serve
1. Coat chicken in peri-peri sauce. Heat barbecue or chargrill on high. Cook chicken and corn for 8 mins each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
2. Place snow peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 min. Refresh under cold water and drain well.
3. Heat the rice following packet instructions.
4. Combine extra per-peri sauce, lime juice and olive oil to make sauce.
5. Thinly slice chicken and cut down the side of the corn cob to remove kernels.
6. Divide the rice, chicken, corn, snow peas, capsicum, coriander and mint among serving bowls. Drizzle over sauce. Season. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritional Information - per serve
Dietary Fibre: 7g
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 3g
This recipe is high in niacin, which assists in converting foods to energy, and vitamin C, essential for building and strengthening collagen and wound healing. Any vegetables of your liking can be substituted for this meal.
Suitable for dairy free, gluten free (check peri peri sauce), low FODMAP (swap snow peas for green beans