Pumpkin, Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Muffins
These muffins are a great way to add in some sneaky veg into your snacks throughout the day! They are an excellent source of Vitamin A, for vision and immune function, and also provide selenium and Vitamin K, to reduce oxidative stress and promote healthy blood function.
Makes 12 muffins
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
2 cups coarsely grated pumpkin
2 handfuls of spinach leaves, chopped
100g goats cheese or fetta, crumbled
1 egg, lightly whisked
80g butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 tsp chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Combine flour, pumpkin, spinach and goats cheese in a large bowl.
3. Whisk egg, butter and buttermilk in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture
and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
4. Divide mixture evenly among muffin pans. Sprinkle with pepitas and chia
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in centres comes out
clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve muffins warmed.
Saturated Fat 3g