Roasted Carrot Dip with Chickpea Crackers
If you're looking for a healthy, quick and easy snack idea when entertaining friends or family that is also delicious, you must try this cracker and vegetable dip combo!
Roasted Carrot Dip
- 300g roasted carrots – diced and cooled*
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until you have a smooth texture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving for dip to firm up a little.
*Note: 300g carrot can be replaced with any vegetable of your choice! Try beetroot or pumpkin with a handful of pine nuts!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed or chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 – 5 tablespoons water
- Pre heat oven to 200°
- Mix all ingredients together to form a dough – start with 3 tablespoons of water and add according to texture, dough should be easily rolled out with rolling pin, if too dry add 1 tablespoon water at a time or if too wet add 1 extra tablespoon chickpea flour.
- Roll out onto baking paper with rolling pin and cut into squares. The thinner the crackers the better!
- Place the crackers onto a lined tray and put into the pre heated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy – keep an eye on them, they change quickly!