Slow Cooker Coconut Pumpkin Soup
This dairy free, deliciously creamy coconut pumpkin soup is an excellent source of Vitamins C & A, for antioxidant abilities, vision, and immune function. It is super easy and perfect for those chilly winter nights!
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1.5kg pumpkin, chopped coarsely, skin removed
- 1 brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 fresh red chilli
- ¼ cup coriander
- Place garlic, chilli flakes, pumpkin, onion, coconut milk and stock in a slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high for 4 hours.
- Cool soup for 10 mins and blend using a stick blender. Season to taste.
- Serve soup topped with peanuts, fresh chilli and coriander.
Nutritional Info (per serve):
Saturated Fat 14g
Vitamin C 45mg
Vitamin A 8377 micrograms