Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
These spicy roasted chickpeas are a delicious snack to curb your winter hunger. They are a great source of soluble and insoluble fibre (to prevent constipation and keep you regular, and also to lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels), and are packed full of protein, iron and micronutrients.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C
- After rinsing and draining chickpeas, dry on a paper towel to absorb excess liquid
- Spread chickpeas on baking paper on oven tray and roast for 45-50 mins (check them every so often to make sure they don’t burn!). They should be brown and crunchy in the centre
- Immediately after removing from the oven, toss chickpeas with olive oil and seasonings. Serve warm or at room temperature. They will keep for up to 4 days, but they will usually disappear after 1!